- Prior to a booking being made, The National Zoo & Aquarium must be made
aware of any disability that may prevent someone from understanding directions,
could result in unpredictable behaviour, or that interferes with a persons
- Must be mobile enough to walk without assistance, and bend or crouch down on either or both knees,(Meet a Cheetah and WOW only).
- Must be completely able to understand and follow any directions/orders given to them by the Zookeeper/s, during their tour/booking at any time.
- It is advised that anyone pregnant seek medical advice before interacting with cats.
- Participants must meet the MINIMUM AGE and height requirements where
applicable. (Family Tour - min. 4 yrs. Animal Encounter - min. 8 yrs, Zooventure Tour - min. 10yrs. Meet
a Cheetah & WOW Tour - min. 12 yrs and min. 1.5 m tall)
- A copy of the National Zoo and Aquariums Indemnity and Release form will be provided on check-in (must be completed by customers taking part in any or all tours/interactive experiences) Participants under 18 years of age must have the Indemnity and Release form signed by a parent or legal guardian (to be presented on check-in)
- Bookings are non-refundable*
- In the event of rain, all Tours and Encounters will still go ahead.
- Rescheduling an existing booking can be done up to 24 hours prior
to your tour/encounter and can only be done by phoning the National
Zoo and Aquarium on (02) 6287 8400. A rescheduling/booking fee of $5.00
per person will apply. Rescheduling within 24 hours of your tour/encounter
will incur a fee of $20 per person. WOW Tour participants may reschedule
up to 5 days in advance, for a $5 fee per person. Rescheduling within 5
days of your Tour will incur a fee of $50 per booking. If another date cannot be chosen at the time, a Voucher will be issued to rebook at your convenience and the fees will still apply.
- Heavy rain and or high wind or electrical storms may require a booking to be rescheduled or the cost refunded to the customer. Booking cancellations or *refunds due to weather conditions are decided upon and approved soley by the National Zoo & Aquarium.
- Bookings can be transferred to another person’s name, provided they meet the terms and conditions.
- Check-in time for Tour and Encounter participants is a MINIMUM OF 30 MINUTES prior to their booked time. Check-in time for W.O.W customers is 7.45 am. If you miss your booked time as a result of being late or through simply not showing up, without prior notice, you will not be re-scheduled and will frofeit any monies paid.
-The National Zoo and Aquarium has the right to remove, from the tour and
zoo grounds if necessary, any person(s) believed to be a danger or potential
risk to their or anyone elses safety.
- The behaviour of any of the animals at the National Zoo & Aquarium, or the outcome/level of interaction is not guaranteed under any circumstances (we do not guarantee whether a cheetah or the cheetahs will be playful, lazy, cuddly active etc…)
THE USE OF WHISTLES OF ANY TYPE, ANYWHERE ON THE ZOO GROUNDS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
THESE ARE USED BY ZOO STAFF IN AN EXTREME EMERGENCY.
1. Participants in Zooventure, Meet a Cheetah and WOW do not have to pay General Admission
into the National Zoo & Aquarium on the set date of their Tour/Encounter
only. General Admission is not included in an Animal Encounter - Giraffe/Eland, Red Panda, Shark, Sunbear and White Lions
2. A maximum of 2 places per timeslot may be booked by any one or more customers for Meet a Cheetah, and a maximum of 4 placesper timeslot may be booked by any one or more customers for an Animal Encounter